- Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:22/05/2019Location:Germany
- TIAD 2019 Shared Task: Leveraging Knowledge Graphs with Neural Machine Translation for Automatic Multilingual Dictionary GenerationThis paper describes the different proposed approaches to the TIAD 2019 Shared Task, which consisted in the automatic discovery and generation of dictionaries leveraging multilingual knowledge bases.Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:20/05/2019Location:Germany
- Metaphor is one of the most important elements of human communication, especially in informal settings such as social media. There have been a number of datasets created for metaphor identification, however, this task has proven difficult due to the nebulous nature of metaphoricity.Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:20/05/2019Location:Germany
- In this study, we present a similarity-based approach for lexical sense alignment in WordNet and Wiktionary with a focus on the polysemous items. Our approach relies on semantic textual similarity using features such as string distance metrics and word embeddings, and a graph matching algorithm.
- Comparison of Different Orthographies for Machine Translation of Under-resourced Dravidian LanguagesUnder-resourced languages are a significant challenge for statistical approaches to machine translation, and recently it has been shown that the usage of training data from closely-related languages can improve machine translation quality of these languages.Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:20/05/2019Location:Germany